Voces Digital (“Voces”, “we”, “us” or “our”) provides a platform and web-based resources for use in an educational setting. In providing our wide-ranging service, and considering the usefulness of personal information, we have established an information protection policy to protect our user’s rights and interests.
The term “personal information” as used in this policy shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, email, school, location data, unique Voces identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”) Voces Digital is the controller of personal information and responsible for our websites.
What information do we collect?
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Personal information you give us. You may give us your personal information including name and contact details, by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you register to use Voces or give us feedback.
- Personal information we collect. As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, the date you have accessed our Site, the website you have visited before visiting our Site, your browser, OS, IP address, and the domain name. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Like many websites, we use ‘Cookies’ to make our Site more convenient to our customers.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred between a Web server and your Web browser, and stored on your computer or mobile device as a file.
- When you use the service, you do not enter your login information every time.
- To detect your timezone so that we can provide accurate dates and times.
You may disable the function of Cookies by choosing the browser’s configuration. Please note that this may result in you needed to enter login information every visit or in the times being incorrect when logged in.
How do we process information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To respond to your questions and provide related customer services;
- To monitor and protect the security of our information, systems and network;
- For internal business intelligence purposes, to conduct research, product development and enhancement;
- To inform you of changes made to our Site and other services;
- To conduct marketing and commercial activities and to market relevant offers and promotions to you;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- Enable you to search information on our Site;
- Assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising; and
- Improve our Site.
From time to time, we may send out emails for promotion purposes to announce updates, news, contests, and events. Our customers may opt-out of receiving these emails. We may use a third-party service provider to send out emails or to communicate smoothly with our customers. For a smoother communication, we may share information, such as your email address, to the service provider for this limited purpose only.
How do we share information?
Your personal information will be treated as being strictly confidential. We may share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- An employee of Voce or our parent company, Teacher’s Discovery;
- New teachers looking for a reference, but only after confirmation with you.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or a similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, and to any other third party with your prior consent to do so, unless notification is prohibited by the applicable law.
How long do we retain information?
We will store your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for a minimum of one year after a subscription expires. Information may be kept longer for historical purposes. Upon request, we will delete your personal information from our systems within a reasonable timeframe.
Our Site uses ‘SSL’ to protect personal information. By using a browser that supports security functions, when you access to our Site and enter personal information including your name and e-mail address, and this information is transferred to our server, the information is automatically encrypted when transmitted and received by servers. Therefore if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, there is no need to worry about the content being stolen.
If you use a browser that does not support SSL, you may not be able to access our Site or input information.
Your European privacy rights
For European residents only. We collect and process personal information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection law, including under the GDPR. The legal bases will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal information. This means we collect and use your personal information only where:
- We need it to provide the services, including to operate the Site, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Site;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your rights and interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Site and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of personal information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time.
We may use your email address to send you newsletter or marketing emails. We assume your consent when you first provide your personal information by signing up for a trial or purchasing a subscription. You can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us using the Contact Us page on our Site.
In certain circumstances, you have rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information.
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
If you have any questions regarding our policy or privacy practices, please contact us using the Contact Us page on our Site.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.